AWMS 2Rs Campaign Update - May 18, 2021
- The Annie Walsh Memorial School Restoration and Rehabilitation Campaign (2RsC) Committee continues its drive to raise additional funds as more current in-depth structural inspection for the restoration and refurbishment of this 19th century Building become more revelatory and demanding.
- Original Assessment Report did not include detailed structural assessment and Labour Costs – i.e., fees to the consultants and constructing firm.
- In the absence of drawings of the plan of the school, the 2RsC has identified and retained the services of an Architect to ensure a qualified basis for assessment of the project.
- Subsequent steps entail a detailed structural assessment to determine the integrity of critical components (roof, trusses, beams, columns, slabs, walls etc.,) and confirm the existing condition of the Buildings (Main Admin Building & Hall).
- On receipt of the drawings and the Assessment Report from the Architect and the Structural Engineer respectively, the Committee with the approval of the Architect will seek to engage the services of (i) a Quantity Surveyor to prepare a Bill of Quantities and determine the future estimated cost of the Project; (ii) a contractor. It is important to note here that (i) and (ii) could be one single firm or two different ones.
- The extensive repairs to be done will include:
- - Extermination of termites likely to affect other buildings on the campus
- - Replacement of the roofs on the Admin Building and the Hall
- - Reinforcement of the columns on the Admin Building
The experienced Architect being the Lead Consultant and Project Manager, will co-ordinate all stages of the project with the client (2RsC), consultants, and constructing firm (to be selected by tender) to a successful conclusion.
To date, the 2RsC has exceeded the target amount of Fifty Thousand United States Dollars (USD50,000).
The campaign drive is ongoing and the 2RsC continues to appeal to Alumnae (AWMS and others), Well-Wishers, the entire membership of the AWOGA Branches worldwide, the AWMS Development Committee and other donors for their generous contributions to meet these additional costs and achieve this uphill task to restore our firm foundation.
Non Sibi Sed Omnibus
God bless us all as we labour in His Vineyard
AWMS 2Rs Campaign Committee